Sunday 8 February 2015

EVERYDAY MAKE UP LOOK

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm most definitely a creature of habit when it comes to my make-up and it's very rare that I'll explore the aisles of Boots or Superdrug for new products when picking up my beauty bits (I'm going t try and change this). With that aside, I thought I would share this everyday make-up look that I've been wearing and loving over the last few months. 

My must have product for my every day make up look is foundation. I'm currently loving the Revlon Colorstay 24hr Foundation for Combination/oily skinI have naturally very oily skin which also looks quite uneven in tone. This foundation is buildable and balances my skin tone out, giving me a flawless finish without looking caked on and keeps my oiliness at bay. I then set my foundation with Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder in translucent to ensure it stays in place for as long as possible.
My next staple product for this look has to be mascara. It opens and defines my eyes while still looking natural. If you saw my January favourites post you'll know that I'm currently using the Benefit They're Real Mascara Which I absolutely LOVE. It fans out my lashes while giving volume and length, leaving no clumps at all. The perfect mascara in my opinion and something I've always found difficult to find in a mascara. I like to further define my eyes with a little pencil eye liner, I place this in the waterline and also along the lash line creating a subtle winged line. 
Another step I like to take for this look is filling in my eyebrows. To do this I simply take an E.L.F small angled brush along with my Natural Collection solo eye shadow in Crushed Walnut. It's the perfect shade for me and is surprisingly very pigmented and I'd say it would match just about any girl with brunette locks out there. Eyebrows make all the difference for me in this look. 
I generally like to add a tiny bit of bronzer to contour in the hollows of my cheeks and add a touch of L'oreal Paris' True Match Blush in the shade true rose which is perfect for fair skin tones, It looks very subtle and gives a healthy glow. 

I then complete the look with a lipstick of choice, usually a nude or even just a simple lip balm and ta-da! all done. I hope this gave you a little inspiration for new products to try or just a little insight into what I wear on an every day basis. 
I'd love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment below!

Shannon x

5 comments :

  1. I definitely recommend it! Especially if you have oily skin or an oily T-zone! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! I'll check your blog out :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Colourstay foundation is just so great :) and the RT and elf brushes are the best affordable ones ever! Great post xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I definitely need to invest in some more of their brushes! thanks so much :-) X

      Delete